YouTube is your ultimate go-to destination to post videos of all kinds. In the platform’s words, “millions of people come to YouTube to be informed, inspired, or just have fun.” Also, to follow the creators’ advice, these are the right steps toward building a YouTube channel:
There are a few ways to get started on YouTube. We offer up different formats and functionalities, giving you the flexibility to create everything from Shorts, which are vertical videos that run 60 seconds or less, to longer-form videos.
No matter what you’re creating, you’ll need to start by creating a YouTube Channel.
- First, you need to sign into YouTube using a Google Account.
- Once you’re signed in, click ‘Create Account, and choose whether it’s for you or your business.
- You can then create a YouTube channel on your account, upload videos, leave comments, and create Shorts and playlists
Next, you’ll want to upload your videos!
- Uploading is easy. You just sign into your YouTube account and then click on the “Create” icon.
- If you’re planning to upload a longer form video, select “upload video” and then choose your desired video file – you can upload 15 files at a time!
- If you’d like to upload a YouTube Short, you’ll need to be signed into YouTube mobile, where you’ll tap ‘Create’ and then ‘Create a Short’. From here you can either upload a video from your camera roll or create one using our suite of lightweight tools.
However, if you want more creative ways to make sure that your channel and your video content will be unique and different from your competitors, and if you want this step in your online marketing strategy to be successful and to bring back desired results, you must think beyond just creating and uploading!!
Choose the Right Topic for your Target Audience!
- As an essential part of your YouTube video strategy, get to know your specific audience: their age range, gender, location, interests, etc.
- Keep all this data in mind while creating the script and the storyboard for your video.
- Keep your content clear and concise and your videos simple but interesting.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO is the one way to make sure that people will find and watch your videos.
- Your video content must be SEO-friendly to be successful and searchable.
- It helps if your content is specific.
- Use keywords! Make sure it is spoken in the video.
Think about your Topics Through
- Come up with interesting and engaging ideas for your YouTube videos.
- Create videos that people are looking and searching for like tutorials and trends.
- Remember that the content you put out there must be true to you and your business and relevant to your audience.
- Constantly research trending topics.
- Listen to what your audience wants and what types of videos your viewers are requesting & act upon these requests.
- Ask what your audience would like to see.
Get the Right Equipment
- High-quality filming and editing tools (microphone, lighting, camera, editing software, etc.) are essential to anyone who wants to get into the digital video business.
- Take the time to train on how to use your equipment to produce quality content.
- There’s nothing wrong with starting with filming on your phone, just make sure that you are putting the best version of your work out there!
Learn the Right Ways to Film a Professional Video
- Videography takes a lot of time, training, studies, and research.
- The last thing you want to end up with is out-of-focus, overexposed footage with bad frames.
- The same goes for editing, music, voiceovers, and other essential parts of your video. Learn your stuff before you get into it!
- It always helps to hire trained professionals to do all the tricky work for you!
Make it Unique and Incite your viewers to Take Action!
- A unique introduction and a unique start will make your channel stand out from the very beginning!
- Make sure to tell your viewers to subscribe, comment, like, visit your website, or purchase your product at the end of your interesting video.