Explainer videos are becoming more popular with each passing day extending their effect onto the educational space. Since 92% of those who view digital videos are millennial’s, topics that were once seen as abstract and hard to grasp are now readily accessible and can be better understood with videos.
Various studies have indicated that explainer videos create room for better memory recall and efficient processing. The auditory and visual nature of videos allows individuals to naturally process information. The fact that explainer videos are processed through the pictorial/visual as well as verbal/auditory channels, makes them the best tools for learners to recall and memorize.
What are the best practices for developing educational videos?
To enhance reception as well as processing, the four methods below are the best ways to go about designing as well as creating the perfect explainer videos:
• Signaling: You can achieve this by deploying on-screen text. It captures the attention of the learner and emphasizes the information you want emphasized.
• Segmenting: Divide information into adequately sized chunks, giving the learner additional control when processing it. which you can do through proper management of video duration, implementing pauses, or breakpoints, all through the video.
• Weeding: Get rid of any unwanted information within a video which may obstruct the ability of the learner to process as well as recall such information.
• Matching Modality: Present information in a manner where it targets the visual and auditory channels at the same time. For instance, providing narration along with on-screen animation. This helps to improve processing within the functional memory as well as prevent any cognitive overload.
Benefits of Educational Videos
There are numerous advantages that come with using explainer videos within educational environments. Their versatility and convenience make them priceless to teachers, students, as well as educational organizations:
. Explainer videos are more engaging than print materials. Learners really have the opportunity to hear and see the concept, as well as process it similarly as they process normal interactions.
• Communication and marketing can be improved. Explainer videos aid in broadening your audience base by helping you access more people. You can post it on your site or link it in a digital advertisement or email.
• Explainer videos can be used on various devices, which include tablets, smartphones, and laptops.
• They are fantastic for learning complex topics.
• They also improve engagement, ultimately boosting achievement. If viewers show interest in such material, they are going to process it better and recall it.
• Explainer videos indicate a considerable ROI in organizations that have parameters for measuring it.
Features of Effective Educational Videos
When you develop an educational video keep in mind that you should be limited to three minutes or even less unless the amount of information is huge. Other than that, you should adequately balance visual and auditory elements throughout the video. Moreover, you should break the video into short sections by theme or topics. Don’t forget to also use an enthusiastic and conversational tone throughout to keep the viewers engaged.
At Business Motion, explainer videos are among our areas of expertise. We produce quality content for learners, and have acquired the trust of notable clients from various industries. Among our most regarded explainer videos is the one we made for the European Math Society. We have incorporated stylized text, voice-over narration in the proper tonality, and easy-on-the-eye motion graphics to create a seamless learning experience. Dividing the information into chunks making it easily digestible by the viewer, and adding the right music to make it all flow!
We are dedicated to creating videos for various purposes, ranging from corporate to explainer videos, and even CSR videos. Visit our YouTube channel to view more explainer videos and email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to get started on your next video project!